June 11, 2019 | Active Voice Editor
Welcome to the Spring/Summer 2019 edition of Active Voice!
We hope you enjoy this issue, which celebrates Editors Canada’s 40th anniversary:
- Meet some seasoned editors (and an up-and-coming one): Lee d’Anjou, Rosemary Tanner, Elizabeth d’Anjou, Michelle Shaw and Letitia Henville
- Go down memory lane with Editors Canada
- Explore how audio description makes the language of pop culture accessible
- Learn about the power of mentorship
- Navigate burnout culture in the publishing industry
- Delve into how attending professional conferences can help you
- Discover how to be a proactive editor
- Visit a Halifax editor
- Read a note from the Indexing Society of Canada
- Spend time with a poem and a short story
- Do a crossword
Thanks to all those who helped make this issue happen: co-editors Jaye Marsh and Brooke Smith; our wonderful contributors; translators Anne Boudreault, Marie-Christine Payette, and Lina Scarpellini; copy editors Kelly Akerman, Anna Cairns, Lisa Frenette, Robin Marwick, Rebecca Mills, Holly Munn, Marie-Christine Payette, Heather Stuart, and Tamara Zayachkowski; managing editor Alethea Spiridon; WordPress wizard Aaron Dalton; and Michelle Ou, senior communications manager.
Happy reading and have a wonderful summer!